Orange Forum • View topic - data selction using mouse from graph

data selction using mouse from graph

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

data selction using mouse from graph

Postby Anil » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52

I wish to select data points from graph using mouse and want to store these in some table for some other purpose. Please help me. Second, which python GUI should I go with for my applications?

Thanks

Postby Blaz » Sun Mar 22, 2009 15:40

Put File -> Scatterplot -> Save widgets on Orange Canvas, then select data in Scatterplot. See Catalog of Widgets for documentation.

Postby Anil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29

I want this for Parallel plots..can this be done

Postby Blaz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:38

No, sorry. But you can mimic this by using several scatter plots, having one for instance selection, and feeding the others with selected instances (such that they would still display all of the data, that is, would get the data from the file widget, but get the selected instances from the scatter plot widget).

Postby Gregor Leban » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59

Hi Anil,

yes, this can be done also in parallel coordinates widget. There you have green arrows on top and bottom of every axis. when you click on the arrow you can move it up or down and in this way limit your selection of examples. By default, all examples are selected and by moving those arrows you put conditions on the examples that get selected. In the Settings tab under the Transpacency, you can set the Rest slider to a low value and unselected examples will become transparent.

hope this helps,

regards,
Gregor

Return to Questions & Support