Orange Forum • View topic - How to : use Orange

How to : use Orange

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

How to : use Orange

Postby Geo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 17:53

Hello,

I've recently downloaded orange in order to attempt to optimize a model portfolio. I currently have access to historical data regarding a perticular set of stocks and have ranked these stocks according to their return. My goal is to use current data in order to attempt to predict future returns. I hope to achieve this by data mining the historical data I have to attempt to find predictive patterns in said data.

Could anyone advise me on how I should proceed? The documentation links on this website seems to be broken.

Thank you for any help,
Geoff

Postby Janez » Tue Aug 04, 2009 20:39

Your question is a bit too general...

As for the documentation links: we are frequently checking the site with an automated crawler (Xenu), and no links should be broken. Please tell us if you find any - except for a few inessential scripts and images.

Postby Geo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 20:53

The video tutorials were broken. Now it leads to an under construction page.

The data I'm currently trying to mine is:

results: quarterly stock portfolios that are built according to best return (forsight I do not currently have)
data: an extensive list of data related to these stocks that I hope predict said returns in some way.

I want to data mine the data with the hopes of generating ranks by studying what could have potentially been an indicator for return in the past.

Return to Questions & Support