Orange Forum • View topic - input to widget "File"

input to widget "File"

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

input to widget "File"

Postby SEk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:00

Dear All,

I am new to Orange... My question probably has a simple answer. When opening the widget "File" to provide it with input, any choice of file will result in the followng exception (see below). The same exception occurs whether I use the Windows or the Mac "standard" installations. Installations were problem free and I am a bit puzzled by the reported missing widgets.

Stefan

There were problems importing the following widgets:
OWScatterPlotXp: No module named RandomArray
OWSimon: No module named qt
OWCorrAnalysis: No module named qttable
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis
Unhandled exception of type TypeError occured at 11:44:40:
Traceback:
File: OWFile.py, line 193 in browseFile
Code: self.openFile(self.recentFiles[0], 0, self.symbolDK, self.symbolDC)
File: OWFile.py, line 245 in openFile
Code: self.infoa.setText('%d example(s), ' % len(data) + '%d attribute(s), ' % len(data.domain.attributes) + '%d meta attribute(s).' % len(data.domain.getmetas()))
TypeError: object of type 'orange.ExampleTable' has no len()
Unhandled exception of type AttributeError occured at 11:45:31:
Traceback:
File: OWWidget.py, line 135 in reportAndFinish
Code: self.sendReport()
File: OWFile.py, line 306 in sendReport
Code: self.reportData(self.dataReport)
AttributeError: dataReport

Postby Janez » Mon Sep 14, 2009 14:52

My fault, we've had problems with some partial commits to the svn. Tomorrow's snapshot will work.

installation problems

Postby SEk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:27

Janez wrote:My fault, we've had problems with some partial commits to the svn. Tomorrow's snapshot will work.

Many thanks for the ffort. However, I still experience problems with today's update. After reinstalling Orange (on Mac OSX Leopard) and starting the Canvas, the following is reported to the output window:
OWANOVA: No module named qt
OWDataDistance: No module named qt
OWEpistasisAnalysis: No module named qt
OWExampleSelector: No module named qttable
OWHypTest: No module named qt
OWMoleculeVisualizer: need more than 1 value to unpack
OWNormalize: No module named qttable
OWApproxProfiles: No module named scipy.stats
OWDisplayMotifs: name 'QwtCurve' is not defined
OWGenomeMap: No module named qtcanvas
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap, OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap

Sincerely,
Stefan

installation problems

Postby SEk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30

Janez wrote:My fault, we've had problems with some partial commits to the svn. Tomorrow's snapshot will work.

Many thanks for the ffort. However, I still experience problems with today's update. After reinstalling Orange (on Mac OSX Leopard) and starting the Canvas, the following is reported to the output window:
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap, OWScatterPlotXp, OWSimon, OWCorrAnalysis, OWANOVA, OWDataDistance, OWEpistasisAnalysis, OWExampleSelector, OWHypTest, OWMoleculeVisualizer, OWNormalize, OWApproxProfiles, OWDisplayMotifs, OWGenomeMap

Sincerely,
Stefan

Postby Janez » Fri Sep 18, 2009 19:07

These widgets all belong to extension for genomics. If you don't intend to use Orange for genomics, you're OK with what you have.

In any case, I'll alert the maintainer of the Mac distribution.

Postby Mitar » Sat Sep 19, 2009 13:19

What is filename of a DMG file you used?

I have just checked with orange-bundle-svn-0.0.7988.dmg and it works without any problems.

Maybe remove ~/Library/Application Support/orange/ directory (which contains Orange configuration) to clear possible misconfiguration.

Postby SEk » Thu Oct 01, 2009 13:32

Mitar wrote:What is filename of a DMG file you used?

I have just checked with orange-bundle-svn-0.0.7988.dmg and it works without any problems.

Maybe remove ~/Library/Application Support/orange/ directory (which contains Orange configuration) to clear possible misconfiguration.

Dear Janez and Mitar,

Thanks for your efforts... But the problem persists... My first attempt was with dmg version 7974, then with 7986. I just uninstalled 7986 (there was no folder "orange" in "Application Support") and replaced it with 8022, but the message to the output window upon first startup remains exactly the same as last time. As I would indeed like to use Orange for genomics, I would be interested in the widgets that seem to cause the problem.
As before I use OSX Leopard (10.5.8 version) with a standard 2.5.1 Python installation.

Sincerely,
Stefan Ekman

Postby Mitar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 21:25

OK. False alarm. This output is normal behavior. We are still bundling in some old/obsolete widgets and Orange just detects that. We will probably remove them someday.

Current bioinformatics/genomics widgets are available in "bioinformatics" widgets section.

Return to Questions & Support