Orange Forum • View topic - Orange download missing PyQt and PyQwt

Orange download missing PyQt and PyQwt

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Orange download missing PyQt and PyQwt

Postby sjmachin » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:45

I have downloaded Orange for Windows by using the custom downloader (as I already have Python). I selected basic Orange, Qt, PyQt, and PyQwt, plus a few other pieces.. When I ran the installer program, it said that PyQt and PyQwt were missing. Sure enough, running Orange canvas didn't work. There are a whole lot of .py files under \lib\site-packages\orange so it looks like the basic Orange stuff was installed.

I has also ticked VizEasy, but where do I check look to see that it has been installed?

I tried another custom download, just ticking those 3 (Qt, PyQt, and PyQwt). Again it said the last two were missing. The installer .exe is 3,030KB which is rather large if it includes only Qt (the Orange website mentions Qt is 1.something MB). Also if it is installing Qt, I can't find anything in "Program Files" or Python's lib\site-packages that looks like "Qt" [except in python Mac Carbon folders] or "Trolltech" ... where do I look to make sure Qt has been installed?

I had a look at the Riverbank website but it was -- shall we say -- a little bit confusing as to whether I needed to buy or get it free, exactly what I needed to download, ...

Help, please.

Thanks in advance ...

Postby tomaz » Mon Feb 07, 2005 14:43

Hi, there was a bug in the custom downloader page. You can retry now.

TC

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2005 0:26

I tried that, ticking only the 3 Qt-related items. Another large download. This time there is qt stuff all over site-packages like a rash :-)

However, clicking on the Orange Canvas in the start menu is broken; the target of the shortcut is C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw but there is no such file (anywhere on the disk).

Postby tomaz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:25

Fixed that too. Sorry for the inconvenience. Download the installation again and make sure to tick "Orange Widgets and Canvas" when installing. This should put the .pyw file in place.

Note that the custom installation uses files from Orange release 0.9.5. If you want a more up-to-date version, you should download and install the snapshot.

Return to Bugs