Orange Forum • View topic - some problems with the latest OS X version

some problems with the latest OS X version

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

some problems with the latest OS X version

Postby emarsi » Mon Sep 10, 2007 13:47

Hi,

Thanks for the new OS X version. It's great to have a Mac version of Orange again.

Just following the tutorial on http://www.ailab.si/orange/wp/mac%20orange.pdf I encountered the following problems:

- The iris data set is in the directory /Applications/Orange.app/Contents/Resources/orange/doc/datasets/ You cannot open it because the open file dialogue refuses to look inside an Application. I solved this by creating a symbolic link to the directory. Also, something is wrong with the layout of the "Browse" button; it is only partly visible.

- In "Attribute Statistics", after clicking the "Save graph" button, none of the options for printing or saving works, and the dialogue does not close. Output window trace:

Code: Select all
Unhandled exception of type   occured at 9:30:12:
Traceback:
  File: orngSignalManager.py in line 60
  Function name: __call__
  Code: self.method(*k)
    File: OWDlgs.py in line 69
    Function name: saveImage
    Code: size = self.getSize()
      File: OWDlgs.py in line 239
      Function name: getSize
      Code: minx,maxx,miny,maxy = self.getQCanvasBoundaries()
        File: OWDlgs.py in line 215
        Function name: getQCanvasBoundaries
        Code: if not item.visible(): continue
        Exception type:
        Exception value: visible

BTW this is on Intel-based OS X 10.4.10

Erwin

Re: some problems with the latest OS X version

Postby Mitar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:36

emarsi wrote:- The iris data set is in the directory /Applications/Orange.app/Contents/Resources/orange/doc/datasets/ You cannot open it because the open file dialogue refuses to look inside an Application. I solved this by creating a symbolic link to the directory.

This is a problem with Qt open dialog box. I think it got corrected in newer versions.

emarsi wrote:- In "Attribute Statistics", after clicking the "Save graph" button, none of the options for printing or saving works, and the dialogue does not close. Output window trace:

This should now work.

Return to Bugs