Orange Forum • View topic - Orange Qt4 on Ubuntu 8.10

Orange Qt4 on Ubuntu 8.10

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Postby jlara » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:16

Hi there,

I followed the installation instructions posted on the download section for the Orange Qt4 on Ubuntu. I installed sip-4.7.9, PyQt-x11-gpl-4.4.4, and PyQwt-5.1.0. Tests for numpy, importing "orange", and "orngStat" went well. But when trying to run the Orange Canvas with the command:
'python /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngCanvas.pyw'
the canvas fails to start and I get the following error messages:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available
OWItemsetViz: No module named qwt
OWSimon: No module named qt
OWCorrAnalysis: No module named qttable
OWKMeans: No module named _orngCRS
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngCanvas.pyw", line 803, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngCanvas.pyw", line 793, in main
dlg = OrangeCanvasDlg(app)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngCanvas.pyw", line 80, in __init__
orngTabs.constructCategoriesPopup(self)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngTabs.py", line 517, in constructCategoriesPopup
for widgetInfo in sorted(canvasDlg.widgetRegistry[category].values(), key=lambda x:x.priority):
KeyError: 'Text'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate instructions on how to solve this issue,
Best regards Jim.

Postby miha » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:56

Orange crashed because the Text mining add-on was not found. The bug was fixed.

Postby jlara » Mon Dec 15, 2008 22:45

Canvas now works using revision 7003.

Thanks,

Jim

Return to Bugs