Orange Forum • View topic - Scatterplot. Save Graph bugs

Scatterplot. Save Graph bugs

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Scatterplot. Save Graph bugs

Postby Casual User » Mon Mar 09, 2009 22:58

Sometimes (quite often actually) the option "Save Graph" drops the full rightmost column of data. Sometimes it takes the points and draws them but the confidence colour fields do not reach the last column of the scatter plot leaving an empty vertical band.
I'm using ordinal values so, it may be some kind of rounding artifact ?

It also seems to be happening more often when saving to a 400x400 graph.

I also have seen that resizing the window influences the graph when saving to a X.Y image. Sometimes probability colours seem to ignore the new scale to be used for saving the image.

I don't know how to paste images here...
Hope this makes sense..
[/img]

Postby Gregor Leban » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:26

Hi,

I tried reproducing the problem, but I wasn't able to.

It would help if you would give more details on what OS are you using, which version of orange and qt. Also on what data does this occur?

Regards,
Gregor

Postby Casual User » Tue Mar 10, 2009 21:27

Hi Gregor,

I'm running a Dutch Windows XP SP 2.

I don't know exactly which versions Orange or QT.. (A suggestion would be to create an "about" menu option showing this kind of diagnostics..)

I have made a small shockwave demo so you can see how the program is behaving. It can be downloaded from:
FTP Username: ftp@ugot2know.net
FTP Server: ftp.ugot2know.net
FTP Server Port: 21

The file is "canvas.rar" . The file also contains my project and my datafile.

Best regards

Postby Gregor Leban » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:16

Hi,

thank you very much for the effort that you put into creating this demo. I shows very clearly what the bug is and I wish everyone would report bugs in this form :)

What I noticed immediately is that you are using the Orange version which uses qt 2.3. This version still contains some bugs that we have been able to fix in the newest version of Orange (which uses qt 4.3). I would therefore suggest that you swich to the new orange by downloading and installing the daily snapshot.

Your particular problem (printing the probabilities), however, is not solved yet. These probabilities are now not saved at all to the file. The problem is that the pyqwt that we use to draw scatterplots defines some functions that we would need to change as protected and we are therefore not able to write modified versions of them. If you really need a graph with "show probabilities" enabled I suggest you use some screen capturing utility and then crop the picture.

Sorry, I'm not able to help more...

Regards,
Gregor

Return to Bugs