Orange Forum • View topic - Build failed on pyxtract

Build failed on pyxtract

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Build failed on pyxtract

Postby alexw » Mon Apr 28, 2008 17:35

Building orange modules on Mac OS X 10.5.2, with NumPy, Python 2.5, and PyQt installed.

I get the following text and error–

(for MODULE in include orange orangeom orangene corn statc ; \
do if ! make all -C $MODULE OLD=../..; then exit 1; fi; done)
Makefile:5: makefile.deps: No such file or directory
python ../pyxtract/makedep.py -n INCLUDE
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file '../pyxtract/makedep.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [makefile.deps] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 1

I have searched through the code available from the website (the most recent stable build, orange-source-0.9.66.zip), and have found only references to the "pyxtract" folder and its contents, but no trace of the actual files.

Am I missing a pre-build stage, does this directory need to be made, or is it just gone?

Building on Fedora

Postby Mikka » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01

Hello!

I had the same problem with missing pyxtract from orange-source-0.9.66.zip. Then I took the pyxtract from orange-source-snap-2008-01-04.tgz and the compilation wen fine for a while. Then it stops with an error about
'AttributedBoolList_getitem'.

So I dumped the 0.9.66 compilation and tried to build snap-2008-01-04. And the problem is still there. First a warning:

python ../pyxtract/pyxtract.py -m -q -n ORANGE lib_io.cpp cls_orange.cpp orange.cpp functions.cpp lib_vectors.cpp cls_example.cpp cls_misc.cpp lib_components.cpp cls_value.cpp lib_learner.cpp lib_kernel.cpp pythonvars.cpp distancemap.cpp callback.cpp lib_preprocess.cpp
Warning: AttributedBoolList appears in different files (lib_components.cpp, lib_kernel.cpp)
Warning: AttributedBoolList appears in different files (lib_components.cpp, lib_kernel.cpp)
Warning: class 'ItemsetNodeProxy' will not be picklable

and later an error:

g++ -fPIC -fpermissive -w -DLINUX -DORANGE_EXPORTS -O3 -c lib_components.cpp -o obj/lib_components.o
In file included from lib_components.cpp:5504:
px/lib_components.px:35: error: `AttributedBoolList_getitem' was not declared in this scope
px/lib_components.px:36: error: `AttributedBoolList_setitem' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [obj/lib_components.o] Error 1

I get the same problem with g++/gcc 4.1 and 3.4.

Thanks and take care, M.

Orange Compilation

Postby sgcleader » Fri May 02, 2008 8:06

I got the same error, but I extracted from the SVN server. My compile passess this point.

Postby Mitar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:46

This problem should not exist anymore. Please report if you still have it.

Postby Guest » Wed May 20, 2009 2:43

I've add # include #include <string.h> and #include <algorithm> according to
http://www.ailab.si/orange/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1631
But when I try to compile it again, it shows
In file included from lib_components.cpp:5577:
px/lib_components.px:35: error: ‘AttributedBoolList_getitem’ was not declared in this scope
px/lib_components.px:36: error: ‘AttributedBoolList_setitem’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [obj/lib_components.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/orangesvn/ver1.0/source/orange'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Postby Mitar » Thu May 21, 2009 15:05

That patch is needed only on Linux. Do you use Linux? Because you posted into a Mac OS X topic.

I have committed that patch into the 1.0 branch. But you should really use trunk version now as it works better than 1.0 branch and it also has many bugfixes which were not backported to the 1.0 branch.

And the reason why you had problems is probably because you had a dirty (mixed from different checkouts or something) source directory. Try with a clean checkout or use "make clean" before you run "make".

Return to Bugs