Orange Forum • View topic - No module named orngEnviron

No module named orngEnviron

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

No module named orngEnviron

Postby Zein » Tue Dec 08, 2009 18:41

Hi,
I have installed the last stable version of orange on windows vista under python2.5.

The problem is when i open the orange icon, it opens in Pythonwin editor.
When i execute it, it tells me that it cannot import orngEnviron.
That's why i tried to execute orngEnviron to see the problem. It tells me that there is a syntax error and it refers to this line:

paths.sort(lambda x,y: -1 if "PyQt4" in x else (1 if "miktex" in y and os.path.exists(os.path.join(y, "QtCore4.dll")) else 0))

I don't see really what's the problem.

that's the result of the paths value executed before:
paths = os.environ["PATH"].split(";")

give

['C:\\Windows\\system32', 'C:\\Windows', 'C:\\Windows\\system32\\wbem', 'C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\R2008b\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\MATLAB\\R2008b\\bin\\win32', 'C:\\Program Files\\Samsung\\Samsung PC Studio 3\\', '\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\Scilab-2.7\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\QuickTime\\QTSystem\\', 'C:\\Program Files\\TortoiseSVN\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\Haskell Platform\\2009.2.0.2\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\Haskell Platform\\2009.2.0.2\\extralibs\\bin', 'C:\\Program Files\\Haskell\\bin', 'C:\\Python25\\PyQt4\\bin', 'C:\\Python25\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyQt4', 'C:\\Program Files\\MiKTeX 2.8\\miktex\\bin']

but when the program arrives to :

paths.sort(lambda x,y: -1 if "PyQt4" in x else (1 if "miktex" in y and os.path.exists(os.path.join(y, "QtCore4.dll")) else 0))

it gives this syntax error

Traceback ( File "<interactive input>", line 1

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

it refers to the first character in the word "QtCore4.dll".

thanks in advance

Postby Ales » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:51

Could you try running Orange Canvas from the command line like so
Code: Select all
\Python25\python.exe \Python25\Lib\site-packages\orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw
with the paths properly fixed if your installation of python differs from the standard.

Return to Bugs