Orange Forum • View topic - Visualize Tab in Windos XP 32bit - Orange for Python2.5

Visualize Tab in Windos XP 32bit - Orange for Python2.5

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Visualize Tab in Windos XP 32bit - Orange for Python2.5

Postby jlara » Tue May 04, 2010 4:16

Hi,
Installed Orange 2.0b but the 'Visualize Tab' does not show up when clicking the Orange icon. The Canvas runs from command line as well:
>cd C:\\Python25\Lib\site-packages\orange\OrangeCanvas
>python orngCanvas.pyw
In addition, can run previous MDS scripts (those I ran in version 1.0). What do I need to do bring up the Visaulize Tab.? I'm interested in using the Linear projections. Thanks,

James

Postby jlara » Tue May 04, 2010 4:55

Hello,

Saw that many of these widgets were coming with errors related to PyQT4 complaints of not finding the QtCore4 dll. So I put the PyQT4 folder in PATH, and now Visualize Tab shows and all widgets load into the Canvas. Just to make sure, is this something that's requiered for installation or is it an indication that something is wrong with the environmet variables of the machine? Thanks

James

Postby Ales » Tue May 04, 2010 11:21

Did you by any chance install PyQT4 as a diffrent user?

Postby jlara » Tue May 04, 2010 12:14

Hi Ales,

It's precisely the case. Now logging as admin. Installed Python25 and PyQT4 as another user a cople of years ago. Does the fix of addinig PyQT4 in the path as:
'PATH=C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\PyQT4' okay or do you reccomend something else? Many thanks,

James

Postby Ales » Tue May 04, 2010 23:02

Try adding 'C:\Python25\PyQt4\bin'. This is all i have in my PATH relating PyQt.

Postby jlara » Tue May 04, 2010 23:05

Thanks Ales!!

James

Return to Bugs