Orange Forum • View topic - configure script

configure script

Discussions about new ideas and features you would like to see in Orange.
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for your wishes and their discussion.)
Forum rules
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for your wishes and their discussion.)

configure script

Postby Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 12:43

hi,

i tried (or am trying) to package orange for gentoo linux (gentoo.org). sadly the makefile gives me trouble and i am not that confident in autoconf/automake to do it myself. so a configure script would really help spread orange.

cheers,
adrian

Postby jurem » Mon May 16, 2005 14:32

Hi,
I'm not that familiar with Gentoo packages, but do you need autoconf/automake kind of project to create gentoo package or do you want to use it just to found out dependencies and stuff like that?

The thing is, that we do some checking in makefile.defs file and some in python scripts and was no plan to support autoconf/automake. There is no problem to support autoconf (I've already create configure.ac script), but there is not much use of it if Makefile.{ac,in} files are not created (which takes more time, because all of current scripts should be rewritten in automake format).

Another thing is that we are supporting Python distutils module to do all the checks before compilation and installation and actually do not have the need to support autoconf/automake.

Are you sure that there is no other way for you to create a package? (If you are, I might put autoconf/automake support in a future plan.)

BTW: Numeric is also using Distutils for distributing and is ported to Gentoo, maybe their package could help you somehow.

Regards, Jure

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 14:20

An Orange ebuild in gentoo's portage would be terrific.

how

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:13

hi,

Could some one explain that to me.. xx(

Return to Wish List