Orange Forum • View topic - Add built-in attribute weighting support for GSoC

Add built-in attribute weighting support for GSoC

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

Add built-in attribute weighting support for GSoC

Postby Mengyun » Sun Mar 20, 2011 19:16

Hi all,

I'm interested in contributing to Orange with build-in weighting support in summer.
I'm a 3rd-year student major in Computer Science. I'm familiar with C/C++ and recently work with another open source project, Reviewboard, with Python and Django ( a bit of jquery,ajax as well). I've taking courses on AI and machine learning and interested in them.
I'm now browsing source code of Orange but *really* want to reach some mentor that can give me suggestions and discuss my proposal. (Failed to find any mailing list and IRC channel for orange.)

Thanks,
Mengyun

Re: Add built-in attribute weighting support for GSoC

Postby Mitar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:06

Somebody else will get to you for more in-depth help, I would just like to point out that we are using Skype (besides this forum) and you can reach us there by visiting this URL which should redirect you to the Skype chat.

Re: Add built-in attribute weighting support for GSoC

Postby Blaz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 15:42

Dear Mengyun,

In the light of the number of students that will be accepted for Orange, and other ideas that are probably easier to realize and for which there is more need to include in Orange, we have removed this task from the list of ideas. You are most welcome to check the list again, as we are changing it (slightly) and improving the descriptions for some the tasks.

Thank you for your interest,
Blaz.

Return to General Discussions