Orange Forum • View topic - Proposed New Idea for Orange GSoC 2011

Proposed New Idea for Orange GSoC 2011

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

Proposed New Idea for Orange GSoC 2011

Postby pranavagrwl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 19:03

Hello,
I am Pranav Agarwal, pre-final year student studying Maths and Computer Science from BITS, Pilani, India. I'd like to propose an idea and would like to contribute to Orange.
I have a good experience in Data Mining Algorithms and have worked a lot on other Data Mining frameworks like Weka. For the past some time, i have been working on developing a pruning tool of Association Rules using Visualization of rules (Neighborhood Relations between Association Rules). Currently, i am coding it on Flex. Though i'll be new to Python but i have worked with other Object Oriented languages like Java and Ruby and i'll be able to grasp Python in minimal time.
I'll be really happy if someone could guide me through this and let me know their suggestions on this idea.

Pranav Agarwal

Re: Proposed New Idea for Orange GSoC 2011

Postby Blaz » Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:34

Dear Pranav,

This idea does currently not match any of those that we have listed on our web site, but that does not mean it would not add to Orange. From your description, it is hard to judge it. One way would be that you apply, describe your idea well, provide references to where this idea was already described (we are not after research but coding of known solutions that work well), and say how this would add to Orange's current implementations of association rules.

Thanks, best wishes,
Blaz.

Return to General Discussions