Orange Forum • View topic - About multi-label classification project for GSoC 2011

About multi-label classification project for GSoC 2011

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

About multi-label classification project for GSoC 2011

Postby kenichiro » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:20

Hello, my name is Kenichiro Nishioka.
I am master course student of The University of Tokyo, and plan to be doctor course student in there next April.
I can use Ruby, C++, Java.
I research about recommender system with timestamp.
The research's motivation is that many recommender systems can't use timestamp for recommendation.
I improved the existing recommender system with timestamp.
Since my research is similar to data mining and use it sometimes, I'm very interested in your project.

In particular, I'm interested in multi-label classification and time series analysis.
Could you tell me more about the projects in detail?

Re: About multi-label classification project for GSoC 2011

Postby matija » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09

Dear Kenichiro,

certainly; are there any particular details you're interested in? Please browse this forum, because many questions regarding this task have been asked and answered already. (Beware, some topics' titles do not specifically mention multi-label.)

As the task description states, basically we need:
- support for multi-label data in Orange data handling classes,
- some problem-transformation and some specialized (adapted) algorithms,
- evaluation metrics,
- GUI (Orange Canvas) support,
- documentation,
- test scripts.

Algorithms and evaluation metrics are nicely covered in this paper: http://lpis.csd.auth.gr/publications/ts ... -dmkdh.pdf

Best regards,
Matija

Re: About multi-label classification project for GSoC 2011

Postby Mitar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:02

And for existing discussion on time-series I would like to point you to this topic.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Return to General Discussions