Orange Forum • View topic - No module named QtCore

No module named QtCore

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

No module named QtCore

Postby goli » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19

cant start orange canvas
paython 2.7

error :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 325, in RunScript
exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw", line 9, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named QtCore
-----------------------------

Re: No module named QtCore

Postby Ales » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31

Do you have another version of python and associated PyQt4 installed? If so can you uninstall the PyQt4 for the other python version?

Postby goli » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:05

Thanks for quick response
but no I haven't!

Postby Ales » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:37

What are the contents of your "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\" directory (are the QtCore.pyd, QtGui.pyd files in it)?

Postby goli » Wed Aug 03, 2011 13:16

of course not! :)

files : __init__.pyo , __init__.pyc , __init__.py

and a folder "Qwt5" that contains : Qwt.pyd , qplt.pyo , qplt.pyc ,qplt.py , pythonrc.pyo , pythonrc.pyc , pythonrc.py , iqt.pyo , iqt.pyc , iqt.py , ipy_user_conf.pyo , ipy_user_conf.pyc , ipy_user_conf.py , grace.pyo , grace.pyc , grace.pyo , anynumpy.pyo , anynumpy.pyc , anynumpy.py , _iqt.pyd , __init__.pyo , __init__.pyc , __init__.py

I have searched for them but I didn't find!

Postby Ales » Wed Aug 03, 2011 14:13

Try uninstalling PyQt and PyQwt (check to see if the PyQt4 folder was deleted, if not, delete it manually), and run the orange installation (with the libraries) again.

Postby goli » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:11

It works,tnx

Return to Questions & Support