Orange Forum • View topic - GSoC : Introduction and Time Series Analysis project

GSoC : Introduction and Time Series Analysis project

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

GSoC : Introduction and Time Series Analysis project

Postby rajul » Sun Apr 01, 2012 21:20

Hi,

My name is Rajul and I am a third year undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. I wish to participate in GSoC 2012 and came across Orange as one of the organisations while going through the list. I am good at programming languages like C/C++, Python, Java, Ruby. I am also very interested in Analysis of Algorithms, Data Mining and Analysis. My other area of interests are Complex Systems, Distributed Algorithms and Sensor Networks.

I have gone through the list of project ideas and I found most of the project ideas very interesting.
However I am particularly interested in the 'Time Series analysis tools development' project. I am currently doing an extra-academic project involving 'Time Series analysis of financial data using Hidden Markov Model' and am highly interested in this area. I have also a strong skill set in Python programming.

I shall be grateful if anyone can help me and give me reference to the literature that I may use and also shed some light on how I can go about making a successful proposal.

Return to General Discussions