Orange Forum • View topic - GSCO 2012

GSCO 2012

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

GSCO 2012

Postby sudeep495 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44

Hi,

My name is Sudeep. I am final year dual degree (bachelors+masters) student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in computer science department.
I am interested in the following projects
Text mining add-on for Orange
Animations in Orange
Neural Networks

I have a good background in machine learning and have done couple of projects in this area, including my current masters project.
I did an internship with Yahoo research Labs and worked on building a attribute - value extraction algorithm, based on EM , naive Bayes and Belief Networks.
In another project with Yahoo, we did emotion detection of youtube videos. We critically focussed on emotions decribed by users in the comments. We used many statistical methods, along with Naive Bayes Model to achieve the goal.
I participated in GSOC 2011 and completed it succesfully with OsGeo organization.

Kindly let me know how shall I proceed with the application

Thanks
Sudeep

Re: GSCO 2012

Postby sudeep495 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50

Also, I would be interested in
biox library (NGS, next-generation sequencing). I have a background in Bio Informatics and have done a course in it.
Could I apply to more than one projects . Kindly let me know

Re: GSCO 2012

Postby gregorr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 14:16

Dear Sudeep,

thank you for your interest in the biox library! Please write an application for this project task with a short description of your work plan.

Also, i think there is no problem if you would like to apply to more than one project,

Kind regards,
Gregor

Return to General Discussions