Orange Forum • View topic - orange canvas is not working

orange canvas is not working

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Re: orange canvas is not working

Postby Ales » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29

My guess is you also have 32 bit numpy installed. Replace it with 64 bit version.

Postby EssKay » Tue Aug 07, 2012 19:31

Thanks Ales. It worked now.

Postby williamdefoe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 19:09

Hi,
I tried the afternoon to install Orange and start the GUI - so far without success.
This is my last result (see below). I apprechiate any assistance in getting it to run.
WD

C:\Python27_32bit\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas>python orngCanvas.pyw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "orngCanvas.pyw", line 15, in <module>
import orngTabs, orngDoc, orngDlgs, orngOutput, orngHelp, OWReport
File "C:\Python27_32bit\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas\orngTabs.py", line 12, in <module>
import orngHelp
File "C:\Python27_32bit\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas\orngHelp.py", line 3, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtWebKit import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: Das Betriebssystem kann %1 nicht ausf³hren.

C:\Python27_32bit\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas>python.exe
Python 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Postby Ales » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:45

Some goggling found some similar problems with QtWebKit (for instance http://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/issues/detail?id=237)

Did you install PyQt4 from the Orange installer, or did you have it already installed. If so which version of it do you have.

Can you uninstall PyQt4, and try the latest release from the PyQt4 website http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download

Postby williamdefoe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 15:21

Hi Ales,
Yes, I installed it via the Orange installer (meanwhile twice, just to make sure the installation process worked). If I understand the error message correctly certain DLLs cannot befound. This should be unrelated to the version of PyQt4 or not?
Maybe this is a stupid questions, but: how do I INSTALL PyQT4. I can download the zip file, but it seems one has to make some additional adjustments to install it.
Yours
WD

Postby Ales » Mon Aug 27, 2012 16:12

williamdefoe wrote:This should be unrelated to the version of PyQt4 or not?
It can depend on the PyQt4 installation layout (an this seems to have changed in PyQt 4.8.4).
williamdefoe wrote:how do I INSTALL PyQT4. I can download the zip file, but it seems one has to make some additional adjustments to install it.
You have to download and run the the binary packages for windows (.exe files, for instance http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.4-1.exe).

Postby williamdefoe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49

Hi,
THX a lot, now Orange is able to start.
Great Help!
Yours
WD

Postby marconip » Wed Apr 10, 2013 13:12

Hello,
I had installed Orange from this link: http://orange.biolab.si/download/orange ... -py2.7.exe
Installation ended with successfull statement but I cant run Orange.

From PythonWIn I got this:

>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 325, in RunScript
exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw", line 10, in <module>
from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: No module named QtCore
>>>

Prolly the problem is in QtCore module. If someone have any idea or link for good QtCore installer for Python 2.7 I would be thankful. I use windows 7 32 bit.

Regards.

Postby Ales » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:47

marconip wrote:Prolly the problem is in QtCore module. If someone have any idea or link for good QtCore installer for Python 2.7 I would be thankful. I use windows 7 32 bit.

QtCore is part of PyQt4 and should be installed when you run the orange installer (you are prompted to install all dependencies including PyQt4).

Check the 'C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\' directory. Is it there?

Postby marconip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57

Yes, I have there smth like this:

Postby Ales » Fri Apr 12, 2013 13:13

Are 'PyQt4' and 'PyQwt5' listed in the Add/Remove Programs (accessible from the Control Panel)?
If so try uninstalling both of them and delete the PyQt4 directory manually if it is not deleted in the uninstall process. Then try running Orange installer again.

Postby PenguinJunk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 13:27

I also have a problem with Orange Canvas not running. I don't get any error message. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting several times. I didn't have a problem with I installed on a different machine a couple of days ago and I notice that the current snapshot date is today. Could there be something missing from the snapshot?

Postby Ales » Fri Apr 12, 2013 14:02

PenguinJunk wrote:Could there be something missing from the snapshot?
No. I just tested it in a clean virtual machine and it installs fine.

Can you please run
Code: Select all
C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw
from the Command Prompt. Does it print anything?

Postby PenguinJunk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 14:13

Yes it does:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeCanvas\orngCanvas.pyw", line
7, in <module>
import Orange
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
import pkg_resources
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

I see that pkg_resources.py* was installed with a number of other files under %%Lib/site-packages/ on my working installation. In my non-working installation there is only Orange/ and Orange.egg-info/ in %%Lib/site-packages/ i.e. there is certainly no module named pkg_resources. Was this missing from the snapshot or did I do something wrong (I don't remember having any options)?

Postby marconip » Fri Apr 12, 2013 20:11

Ales wrote:Are 'PyQt4' and 'PyQwt5' listed in the Add/Remove Programs (accessible from the Control Panel)?
If so try uninstalling both of them and delete the PyQt4 directory manually if it is not deleted in the uninstall process. Then try running Orange installer again.

Thx so much, all seems to be ok. I dont know only why icons arent "orange" but its dosent rly matter while functions seems to work ok. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Questions & Support