Orange Forum • View topic - Scatterplot GUI will not send out Selected Data

Scatterplot GUI will not send out Selected Data

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Scatterplot GUI will not send out Selected Data

Postby sreastman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 21:02

I just started the GUI tutorial today. All was going fine until I tried to connect the Selected Data from my first Scatterplot to the next one. The path is marked Selected Data. Everything appears to be set correctly, but selecting data in the first instance is not populating data in the second instance.

I'm impressed with the potential of the GUI and am sure it is working for many users, but do not know how to get it to work for me. Is this something that needs to be fixed in a download or is there another solution? Most likely I will have addtional questions, but I hope to get this one cleared up first for a current project with a tight deadline.

I have a Windows 7 operating system and am using Python version 2.7.2.

Thanks in advance -- Steve

Re: Scatterplot GUI will not send out Selected Data

Postby Ales » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14

I cannot duplicate this. Can you describe the exact steps you took?

Postby sreastman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 14:19

Ales

I've been following the exact steps in this tutorial: http://wiki.sdakak.com/ml:getting-started-with-orange.

I would be happy to send you screen captures if there is a way to do it.

Thanks--Steve

Postby Ales » Thu Jan 31, 2013 17:18

There is a 'Auto Send Selected Data When...' box in the "Settings" tab (at the end). Make sure the "Adding/Removing ...' check box is checked (this is a bad GUI design on our part, I have opened a ticket for this #1274).

Also, the tutorial does not specifically mention this but you must select the 'Select' tool in the 'Zoom / Select' box (in the "Main" tab)

Postby sreastman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 18:22

Ales

The Adding/Removing check box was already checked by default, but selecting the "Select' tool proved to be the answer.

This tutorial ends all too quickly. Is there a continuation or another one that covers more of the subject?

Thanks for your help --Steve

Return to Questions & Support