Orange Forum • View topic - Incomplete Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) Installation?

Incomplete Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) Installation?

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Incomplete Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) Installation?

Postby jasonzutty » Sat Feb 02, 2013 0:08

Hello,

I posted this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1665 a few days ago, but since then have ran in to some more issues.

I installed Orange (both from pip and then from source) and seem to be missing parts of the package that are included in the documentation (and from what I observed, maybe on the windows version).

Some examples:
the Orange.classification.neural module
the visualize widgets in orange-canvas

These items are present in oranges site-packages directory, but do not seem to be found when in practice.

What might be going on here?

Re: Incomplete Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) Installation?

Postby mvoelske » Sat Feb 02, 2013 21:47

I had the same issue (Ubuntu 12.04 in my case). The output window was showing the following errors.

Code: Select all
There were problems importing the following widgets:
   OWParallelCoordinatesQt: cannot import name orangeqt
   OWDistributionsQt: cannot import name orangeqt
   OWDiscretizeQt: cannot import name orangeqt
   [... snip ...]
   OWMDS: No module named Qwt5
   OWCalibratedClassifier: No module named Qwt5
   OWTimeDataVisualizer: No module named Qwt5
   [... more of the same ...]
The following widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWSphereviz3D, OWLiftCurve, OWC45Tree, OWSurveyPlot, [ ... ]
The following prototype widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWPerformanceCurves, OWRScript, OWCalibratedClassifier, OWItemsetViz, OWTimeDataVisualizer, OWCorrelations.

So I went and installed the "python-qwt5-qt4" package, and now they all show up.

Re: Incomplete Linux (Ubuntu 12.10) Installation?

Postby jasonzutty » Mon Feb 04, 2013 16:22

Thanks for the help, I installed the package, but it did not seem to fix the issue for me. Might I be missing any other packages?

Return to Questions & Support