Orange Forum • View topic - using Radviz in text mining

using Radviz in text mining

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

using Radviz in text mining

Postby monarchi » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13

Hello -

I apologize in advance if this is a complete newbie question. I have searched the forums but have not found an answer.

I do a lot of text mining, and the terms resulting from the analyses can be connected to time periods in which they appear. I would like to use Radviz to explore the data but am apparently making a simple error.

My data set consists of 589 terms and the frequency with which each occurred during each year for 30 years. I would like to plot the terms in Radviz using the frequencies to determine the location of each term. I am able to get the data to the Radviz widget and generate a diagram with the years as anchor points. However the terms do not show up. Is the fact that my data is not organized into classes causing this?

Thank you for your patience and assistance. And if there is a pdf document on Orange anywhere on the net, I would greatly appreciate a link. I have been unable to locate a unified reference.

Thank you again.

Best,
David

Re: using Radviz in text mining

Postby monarchi » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33

Hello again -

I found what I needed in the Radviz (Qt) widget. It behaved the way I expected. I didn't realize that there were two versions of Radviz in Orange.

Sorry for my confusion.

Cheers,
David

Return to General Discussions