Orange Forum • View topic - ROC curves colours

ROC curves colours

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

ROC curves colours

Postby bricklemacho » Thu Aug 29, 2013 23:46

Is it possible to set the colours of the ROC curves (or classifier order) within the ROC Analysis widget?

I am comparing 4 classifiers (Naive Bayes, Random Forest, SVM and Classification Tree) and two data sets (RGB features, Depth Features). I have set up a schema with two Test Learners each receiving 4 classifiers. One learner receives the first data set, the other receives the second data set.

The ROC widget displays curves for each classifier. So it easier to compare classifiers form a Test Learner. I want to compare ROCs between each learner. The problem I have is the colours chosen for each classifier ROC curve differs across Test Learners. Well the "order" of the colours is consistent within the widget, it just the listed order of the classifiers in the ROC widget differ.Note the list order of the classifiers in the Test Learners is the same between learners.

I need consistent colouring as graphs need to be used in a paper.

Any suggestions on how to make the colours consistent?

Re: ROC curves colours

Postby Ales » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33

This seems to be a bug in Test Learners widget.
I think you can get around it if you force the "Data" input to be updated last by connecting it after all the learners (in the same order). However any change in the learner parameters (after hitting Apply) seems to move the learner to the bottom in the ROC widget.

Postby Ales » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:21

The ordering should now be fixed in the latest nightly snapshot build. Can you please reinstall orange and test it.

Postby bricklemacho » Wed Sep 18, 2013 17:26

Thanks for the help. I have reinstalled all is good. Thanks again.

Return to Questions & Support