Orange Forum • View topic - [Question] SOM:Visualizing Node Map and using batch learning

[Question] SOM:Visualizing Node Map and using batch learning

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

[Question] SOM:Visualizing Node Map and using batch learning

Postby afcarvalho1991 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:46

Hello,

I'm programming in python and trying to use your library in order to use a Self-Organizing Map.

Right now, I managed to make it learn my data patterns using "Orange.projection.som.SOMLearner" but i came a cross two doubts:

1st : How do i find the best matching unit for new data ( unseen by the model, for instance ) ?
I have now the "map" variable and the object "som" which learnt the pattern i suppose...

2nd : Is there anyway that via python i can make an output similar to this in the image below ?

Thanks you in advance,
André

Re: [Question] SOM:Visualizing Node Map and using batch lear

Postby Ales » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23

afcarvalho1991 wrote:1st : How do i find the best matching unit for new data ( unseen by the model, for instance ) ?
I have now the "map" variable and the object "som" which learnt the pattern i suppose...

Call
Code: Select all
map.get_best_matching_unit(instance)

afcarvalho1991 wrote:2nd : Is there anyway that via python i can make an output similar to this in the image below ?
No. You would have to code this yourself.

Return to Questions & Support