Orange3 is a ground-up reimplementation of Orange.
- We moved to Python 3; no backward compatibility.
- We moved from custom data format to numpy.
- We dropped our C++ code and use Scikit-learn (wherever possible) and Cython (where not).
- Visual programming environment stays almost the same, just ported to Python 3.
- No more PyQwt, OrangeQt... Viva Pyqtgraph!
- Simpler widgets - above and under the hood. Like box plot below.
- Widgets can read data from (Postgres) SQL and pass around queries. Viva AXLE!
- We are rewriting the documentation, including the all-new reference manual for scripting.
Orange3 is in development and we plan to release its first version in late 2015. Check out our progress at GitHub.