|Version 1 (modified by mitar, 2 years ago) (diff)|
TODO: Packaging is currently made by running a series of commands given in a packaging script for each supported platform. Probably it would be best to integrate this with setup.py and unify everything there, packaging scripts only to call setup.py.
TODO: We should also unify package names and versioning between platforms.
TODO: Add-ons are not packaged on all platforms.
This page describes steps necessary to package Orange.
We are supporting:
- Fink (Mac OS X)
- Debian (Linux) – we try to have packages compatible with Ubuntu
- unpack source package
- in source subdir run make
- if you need to specify exactly with which Python executable building should be made, you can specify this to make: PYTHON=/path/to/python make
- in source/crs subdir run make, move resulting _orngCRS.so two dirs up (top dir of extracted package)
- you should not have few *.so files in the top dir
Installing is mostly cleaning up things and moving into proper packages (we try to keep GUI separate, in one package GUI and in the other package scripting/library part).